Best AC in India 2022: More than a luxury, buying a good AC has now become a necessity. An air conditioner is mandatory in India as the summers are soaring day by day. The average temperature in India is above 40°C and it is expected to rise as the Summers progress further. So how do you know which AC is the most appropriate AC for your Summer Survival?
Well, we are here to help. It is not possible to tell the best AC merely on the basis of specs. We made this review after buying, installing, and testing some ACs. We also tested some ACs in shops and after that, we compiled the best ACs in India in 2022 but before that, read the buying guide so that you can select the most appropriate AC as per your needs.
- AC Buying Guide – Best AC in India 2022
- You can watch this comparison review on youtube also:
- Featured Products – Best Split AC 1.5 ton 5 star
- 1. Panasonic 1.5 ton AC – Best AC in India 2022
- 2. LG 1.5 ton AC – Best AC in India 2022
- 3. Carrier 1.5 ton – Best AC in India 2022
- 4. Bluestar 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
- 5. Voltas 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
- 6. Samsung 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
- Download Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended All Products List Here:
AC Buying Guide – Best AC in India 2022
Indian Season Energy Efficiency Ration (ISEER) has changed in 2022. It is now valid till 30 June 2022. Power consumption displayed on ISEER is recorded under the test conditions of 1600 hours but we will also tell the actual power consumption.
2. Power Consumption-
A variable speed inverter AC with a 1350W motor operated for 6 hrs/day for 30 days will consume 121 units and when operated for 8 hrs/day for 30 days will consume 162 units with inverter benefits. Whereas the ISEER label pitches smaller figures.
3. Inverter Benefits-
What are inverter benefits? There are two types of ACs- normal inverter & convertible inverter ACs. The compressor of convertible AC works at different speeds & capacities. A 1.5 ton AC performs between 0.8 to 1.6 tons. This is the convertible feature and the inverter benefit was told after calculating it. An inverter AC is good for sealed rooms with no direct sunlight.
4. A 5-Star AC or a 3-star AC?
Buy a 5 star AC if you use it for more than 6 months per year. Otherwise, a 3 star AC is good for 3-4 months of usage.
5. The Apt AC size for various rooms-
You must have decided whether you want a convertible or a non-convertible AC. For 110sqft, 1 ton AC is apt. For 110-180sqft, 1.5 ton AC is good. 2 ton AC is suitable for 185-275sqft rooms. Non-inverter AC is best for shops and offices.
6. Controller PCB-
The controller PCB (on an outdoor unit) is the most important part of an inverter AC as it is more prone to damage. Its replacement cost is approx Rs 15K. Buy an AC with a good PCB warranty. A cheap AC with no PCB warranty is worthless.
7. The Color Coating-
The special colour coating on the condenser coil to prevent sediment & soil is good for people living in coastal areas or near drains. A special chemical coating is essential to prevent the condenser.
Warranty is significant. We called service centers from different locations and with varied problems. Our feedback based on their replies will be shared later.
“Brand will not uphold the warranty if the damage is done by the customer. For eg brand will not uphold the warranty if the condenser is damaged due to drain.”
But a good extended warranty can do this. We recommend Go Warranty’s extended warranty package.
9. Noise Levels-
As per BIS 1391, the noise levels of the indoor unit should not exceed 62dB. Don’t believe the brand’s lowest noise levels. Realistic noise levels up to 45dB are fair.
10. Installation charges-
Installation charges vary between Rs500-1500. Installation from brands gives you a proper brand warranty. The installation kit has 3-5mt copper pipes but the extra pipes cost around Rs 4-5K. Installation charges + wire charges+ AC’s cost is the total cost.
You can watch this comparison review on youtube also:
Featured Products – Best Split AC 1.5 ton 5 star
1. Panasonic 1.5 ton AC – Best AC in India 2022
Number 1 in our list of best AC in India 2022 is Panasonic 1.5 ton (2022 model) 5 star AC with 1.47 ton actual net capacity. Its ISEER rating is 4.7. According to BEE, it consumes 840 units of electricity. It has an auto convertible inverter compressor with 100% copper condenser and tubes. The shield blue coating on fins and tube ends is a chemical coating that prevents it from sediment & salt.
Starting models have PM 2.5 filter & higher models have Nonoe-X tech which is Panasonic’s patented technology that eliminates viruses, molds & bacteria to provide cool and clean air. It will make your home healthier. Configure Panasonic AC in the Mirae app to control temp via voice command as it supports Alexa & Google Assistant.
Service requests can also be initiated via the app. The best feature is customizing your sleep profile at night. For eg- for 1st 2 hours 15°, for the next 2 hours 24°, then 25 or 26°. It comes with a smart diagnosis and filters clean indications via the Mirae app.
|Cooling Capacity||5150W or 1.47 Ton|
|Specifications and Features||Twin Inverter Compressor; 100% Copper Condenser and tubes; Shield Blue Technology for Fins; Nanoe X Technology; PM 2.5 Filter; Temperature control By Voice or Mirae App; Alexa & Google Assistant Support; Jet Stream Technology; 45 Ft Air Flow; Smart Diagnosis|
Last but not least- it has JetStream tech (Panasonic’s patented tech with which AC throws air at a very high speed). It has 100% copper condenser coils and an HD filter. It’s an Auto-clean filter tech that cleans the water vapours automatically.
The average noise level is 39dB. Our feedback on their service is good. Panasonic gives 3 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive, 5 years on PCB,10 years on inverter compressor, and 5 years warranty on the outdoor unit made of Eco tough material. Outdoor units must be of tough materials. It costs Rs 43,000 + Rs 1500 for installation.
- It is a smart AC with all modern features.
- It has a good cooling capacity, low noise levels & low power consumption.
- Noise levels while using Jet Stream are slightly high.
2. LG 1.5 ton AC – Best AC in India 2022
Second, the best AC in our list of best AC in India 2022 is LG 1.5 ton (2022 model) 5-star AC with a 1.42-ton actual net capacity. Its ISEER rating is 4.73. According to ISEER, it consumes 818 units of electricity. It has a dual inverter compressor with 6-in-1 convertible cooling options. Different convertible options are 40, 60, 80,100,110 and automatic (AI mode).
It has 100% high grooved copper tubes with Ocean Black Protection and ocean black fins which is a black chemical coating that prevents it from sediment & salt and increases its life. It comes with an HD filter & anti-virus protection. LG 1.5 ton AC has an Auto Clean feature along with a smart diagnosis system. An error code will appear in the indoor unit which will help to get the AC repaired soon.
|Cooling capacity||5000W 1.42 Ton|
|Specifications and Features||DUAL Inverter Compressor; 6-in-1 Convertible Cooling; 40% 60%80% 100% 110% capacity with AI mode; Hi-Grooved 100% Copper Tubes; Ocean Black Protection; Ocean Black Fins; HD filter with Anti Virus protection; Auto Clean feature; Smart Diagnosis|
The lowest noise levels are 31dB. Our feedback on their service is very good. LG gives 2 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive, 5 years warranty on PCB and extra 10 years warranty on the inverter compressor. It costs Rs 44,500 + Rs 1200 for installation.
- This is a good AC for people in coastal areas as the ocean black paint prevents condensers and coils from sediment and salt.
- The cooling is good for small rooms.
- It is apt till 175sqft room. Otherwise, buy 2 tons of AC. It is good for rooms up to 175sqft. It is a good AC with good customer service.
- Power consumption is low due to the 1.5-ton cooling capacity.
3. Carrier 1.5 ton – Best AC in India 2022
Number 3 best AC in India in 2022 is Carrier 1.5 ton (2022 model) 5 star AC with 1.5-ton actual net capacity. Its ISEER rating is 4.6. According to ISEER, it consumes 842 units of electricity. It has a variable speed compressor with 6-in-1 Flexicool tech. Its variable compressor works on 6 modes- 0.8, 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.6 & 1.7 ton. Carrier 1.5 ton AC comes with 100% high grooved copper condenser (good).
The Aqua clear coating on the condenser is a colourless chemical coating that prevents it from sediment & salt. The Hydro Blue Fin coating is also good. PM 2.5 filter makes it a small air purifier too. It’s Auto Clean Tech is huge. The small vapours on the filter after closing it are dried by the blower and this is called auto cleantech.
|Cooling capacity||5276W or 1.5 Ton|
|Specifications and Features||Variable speed compressor with 6-in-1 Flexicool Technology; 0.8T, 1.0T, 1.25T, 1.5T, 1.6T, 1.7T; 100% High Grooved Copper Condenser; Aqua Clear Coating on Condenser Coils; Hydro Blue Fin Coating; PM 2.5 Filter; Auto Clean Technology; Stabilizer Free Operation|
Average noise levels are 37dB. Our feedback on their service is good. Carrier gives 3 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive, an extra 1-year warranty on the condenser, 2 years warranty on PCB, and extra 10 years warranty on the inverter compressor. It costs Rs 43000 + Rs 1000 for installation.
- This is a good AC with good cooling and good features.
- It has everything required in a modern-day AC. Its 1.5-ton capacity is good.
- it has only 2 year PCB warranty. After that extended warranty is essential which you can buy after purchasing it.
4. Bluestar 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
The fourth AC in our list of best AC in India 2022 is Bluestar 1.5 ton (2022 model) 5 star AC with 1.43 ton actual net capacity. Its ISEER rating is 5.6. According to ISEER, it consumes 580 units of electricity. It has a dual inverter compressor with 100% copper condenser wires and tubes. The Anticorrosive blue fin coating which is a blue chemical paint prevents it from sediment & salt. It has an Automatic 4D (4 Dimensions) Swing.
The self-diagnosis system will detect the error and display it on the screen of the indoor unit so that it can be repaired asap. It comes with Alexa or Google Home support via Smart App or voice command. It is tricky as the Alexa and Google support may or may not work.
|Cooling capacity||5050W or 1.43 Ton|
|Specifications and Features||Dual Inverter Compressor; 100% Copper Condenser, Coils & tubes; Anti-Corrosive Blue Fins; Automatic 4D Swing; Self DIagnosis; Alexa or Google Home through Smart App or Voice Command; Backlit Remote|
Its backlit remote is of good quality. Average noise levels are 37dB. Our feedback on their service is good. Bluestar gives 2 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive, 5 years warranty on PCB and extra 10 years warranty on the inverter compressor. It costs Rs 44,500 + Rs 1500 for installation.
- This is a good AC with good features and a good compressor.
- Good cooling.
- The AC is good for smaller rooms (180sqft).
- It has low capacity.
- it supports Alexa & Google Home via voice command and Bluestar App.
- To activate it, you need to buy a device (for Rs 2K) from the installation team.
- This Bluetooth device must be plugged into the indoor unit to activate it. But the Bluestar app is not flawless.
5. Voltas 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
Number 5 in our list of best AC in India 2022 is Voltas 1.5 ton 4 star AC with 1.37-ton actual net capacity. It has a variable speed compressor with 2-in-1 cooling modes (variable capacity). AC will try to reach up to 1.45-ton maximum temperature. It comes with a 100% copper condenser and PM 2.5 filter that acts like an air purifier. This Voltas AC comes with a stabilizer-free operation. A special inverter stabilizer must be used even if there are no fluctuations.
|Cooling capacity||4840W or 1.37 ton|
|Specifications and Features||Variable speed compressor with 2-in-1 Cooling Mode; 100% Copper Condenser; PM 2.5 Filter; Stabilizer Free Operation; 4 Speed Fan Function; Full-size Remote Control|
It has 4-speed fan control and a big-sized remote with all functions. Average noise levels are 46dB. Our feedback on their service is good. Voltas gives 2 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive and extra 4 years warranty on the compressor. It costs Rs 37000 + Rs 1500 for installation.
- This is cheap in price and the best in quality AC for smaller rooms. It is apt for rooms up to 150sqft.
- It has a good air throw. Its airflow is amazing. You will enjoy it.
- This is a good AC for Rs 37000.
- This AC is not good for rooms above 165sqft. Its actual capacity is 1.37 tons.
- It is not made for big rooms.
- It has only 1 year PCB warranty under a 1-year comprehensive warranty. An extended warranty is a must with this AC.
6. Samsung 1.5 ton AC- Best AC in India 2022
Samsung 1.5 ton Wind-free (2022 model) 5-star AC comes with a 1.42-ton actual net capacity. Its ISEER rating is 4.8. According to ISEER, it consumes 806 units of electricity. It has a digital inverter compressor and wind-free cooling with 23000 micro holes in the indoor unit.
The indoor unit’s cabinet is of normal plastic but Samsung’s indoor cabinet is made of 23000 small holes. Air escapes from these holes after turning on the wind-free features. The blower works absolutely slow with very low noise levels. This is the wind-free feature. It has 5-in-1 convertible modes between 40%-120%. It has 100% copper condenser coils and an HD filter.
It’s an Auto-clean filter tech that cleans the water vapours automatically. The DuraFin Ultra tech is a fancy name for chemical coating over fins.
|Cooling capacity||5000W 1.42 Ton|
|Specifications and Features||Digital Inverter Compressor; Wind free Cooling with 23000 micro holes Indoor Unit; 5-in-1 Convertible Modes 40% to 120%; 100% Copper condenser coil; HD Filter; Auto Clean Filter; DuraFin Ultra|
The highest noise levels are 45dB, the lowest is 24dB and the average is 35dB. Our feedback on their service is good. Samsung gives 2 free services in a year. It has 1 year comprehensive, and extra 10 years warranty on the inverter compressor. It costs Rs 45000 + Rs 1500 for installation.
- It is a good AC but only for some people.
- It is good for cool rooms, or for rooms with no sunlight, or ground floor rooms where you want to reduce humidity.
- This AC is apt for rooms between 160-175 sqft as it has a 1.42-ton capacity.
- Wind-free is an over-hyped feature.
- According to Samsung power consumption reduces by 77% with the wind-free feature. But the speed of the blower doesn’t affect power consumption to that extent. Power consumption is affected due to the compressor or motor. The wind-free feature doesn’t affect the compressor.
- For bigger rooms, go for other ACs.
- There is no backlight on the remote
Choose yourself. Samsung has released 3 models in 1.5-ton capacity-
1) Without wind-free but with a good warranty package
2) Rs 45K model without PCB warranty
3) Rs 48K similar model but with 5 years comprehensive warranty.
They have the same compressor with the same features. The first AC doesn’t have a wind-free feature. The second has a wind-free but not good warranty (Rs 45K). The third is slightly expensive but has a good warranty. We don’t recommend Samsung AC 2022.
Download Vineet Malhotra’s Recommended All Products List Here:
VM-ONE RECOMMENDED PRODUCT LISTS
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
KITCHEN APPLIANCES LIST
WASHING MACHINE LIST
GEYSER & HEATER LIST
AIR CONDITIONER LIST
HOME THEATER LIST
MICROWAVE & OTG LIST
KITCHEN CHIMNEY LIST
AIR COOLER LIST
CEILING FANS LIST
INVERTER & BATTERY LIST
PARTY SPEAKER LIST
PREMIUM AUDIO LIST